Microsoft Edge is currently known to be the fastest web browser open. Users benefit from being able to open web pages easily, but advertisements slow down the process and compete with user experience. When surfing the internet, consumers are bombarded with pop-ups and embedded advertising. In this guide, you will learn how to block YouTube ads by installing Adblock Plus on Microsoft Edge Chromium.
YouTube is a great platform for watching entertainment videos, learning different tips and tricks, and many more useful things. But one thing which annoys almost everyone on YouTube is ads. Normally, there are 2 or 3 ads on YouTube videos, it can be on the startup and also in-between video ads.
However, with just one ad on a video, we are completely happy and we appreciate that because that’s how those creators make money. But the number of advertisements is so high recently that you have to watch a 3-minute ad clip to see a 5-minute video.
How to Install Adblock Plus for Microsoft Edge to block YouTube Ads
Luckily, like Google Chrome, now you can install any extension (adblockers or Grammarly) on the new Microsoft Edge on your Windows 10 PC. There’s no direct way to block ads on YouTube within the YouTube app or desktop version on Chrome, Edge, or any other web browser.
However, if you want to watch ad-free videos on YouTube then you have the option to use YouTube Premium. With YouTube Premium, you can watch millions of videos without interrupting ads before and during a video, including video overlay ads. You won’t see third-party banner ads and search ads, either.
Adblock Plus – Best Microsoft Edge Ad Blocker For Websites & YouTube
Adblock Plus has been installed on over 10 million Google Chrome browsers and is considered one of the best free ad blockers for Chrome. This extension blocks website and YouTube ads and pop-up ads as well as additional antivirus and tracking protection features.
What is praiseworthy about Adblock Plus is that it supports the standard for Acceptable Advertisements (AA). This means it will show certain ads that don’t monitor your browsing activity or take a long time to load so that reputable websites can still earn revenue.
Some of the additional benefits of Adblock Plus enable users to:
- Add domains to a non-block whitelist
- Subscribe to third-party filter lists
- Control the appearance of the extension in your toolbar
- Create your own filter
- Disable malware domains, ad tracking, and popular social network share buttons
- Use on Android and iOS mobile devices
So, here’s how to install the Adblock Plus extension on Microsoft Edge Chromium to block YouTube ads:
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser on your PC.
- Click on the menu at the top right-hand corner and select Extensions.
- Click on Get extensions for Microsoft Edge.
- Search for Adblock Plus and click the Get button next to it.
- Click Add extension.
- Now, open YouTube and make sure the Adblock Plus option is turned on.
However, Once installed, it will automatically start to remove ads from YouTube videos. Now enjoy YouTube videos without any ads on Microsoft Edge.
Alternative Adblocker Extension for Microsoft Edge
Ghostery advertises itself as a privacy adblocker. It works to block ads, speed up websites, and stop trackers.
Some of the other features of Ghostery include:
- Protecting your privacy
- Increasing browsing speed
- Blocking scripts that slow down page performance
- Eliminating clutter by removing ads from a webpage
Adguard blocks all types of ads including those from social media platforms such as Facebook and YouTube. It is like other ad blockers but has the added benefit of keeping your browsing away from social media.
Social media platforms such as Facebook and YouTube will be blocked from showing users suggested social media pages.
Adguard blocks all types of ads, including:
- Banner and text (Facebook AdBlock)
- Rich media advertising
- Video (YouTube Adblock)
- Unwanted pop-ups (pop-up blocker)
Adguard AdBlocker also effectively:
- Speeds up web page loading time
- Protects privacy by blocking third-party tracking systems, adware, phishing, malware, and spyware
- Blocks many dialer installers
Protect your privacy, remove social media widgets, and protect yourself from online threats with AdGuard AdBlocker.
That’s it. This is how you can block YouTube ads on Microsoft Edge Chromium-based using Adblock Plus ad-blocking extension. However, by using the Adblock Plus extension on Edge, it will block all ads whether you’re watching YouTube videos or browsing websites.