Do you want to replace the Add friend button with the follow button on your Facebook profile? If yes here in this post you will learn how to add follow button on your Facebook profile on Android & iPhone. The ‘Follow’ option is deactivated when a new Facebook profile is established. This means that you can only receive friend requests or personal messages in your inbox from other Facebook members.
Because no one can follow you by default, no one will be able to see your public postings as newsfeed in their timeline (all of your public posts will still be visible to any Facebook user who visits your profile).
There are several marketing advantages to having a FB profile with the Follow button enabled. This strategy is for you if you already have a lot of Facebook friends who are more like potential customers or clients, and you haven’t (and probably won’t) build a business page.
You can Add the ‘Follow’ option on your Facebook profile both from a desktop/laptop computer, or using your Android & iPhone.
How to Add Follow Button on Facebook Profile on Android & iPhone
Here are the steps you can enable the ‘Follow’ option on your Facebook profile using your Android & iPhone. (Follow the steps below)
Step 1. Open the Facebook app.
Step 2. Tap on the Menu option from the left-hand bottom corner. And then tap on the Settings & Privacy > Settings.
Step 3. Select Followers and Public Content.
Step 4. Here, you’ve to change the settings.
- Change Who Can Follow Me to Public.
- Change Who Can See Your Followers on Your Timeline to Public.
- Change Public Post Comments to Public.
- At last, Change Public Profile Info to Public.
Step 5. Tap the arrow icon to go back to the Settings & Privacy page. Here, tap How People Find and Contact You.
Step 6. Tap on the Who can send you friend requests?
Step 7. At last, select Friends of friends.
How to View If You’ve Set the Follow Button
- Open the Facebook app.
- Go to your profile.
- Tap the 3 dots menu next to the Edit Profile option and then select View As.
- Here you can see if you’ve enabled the follow button on your Facebook profile.
How to Disable the Follow Button on Facebook Profile
- Open the Facebook app.
- Tap the menu option and then select > Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- Select How People Find and Contact You.
- Select Who can send you friend requests?
- At last, select Everyone. Now, You’ve disabled Follow button & changed it to Add a Friend.
So, This post was all about how to add follow button on your Facebook profile on Android & iPhone.