Do you want to change the chat theme or Direct Message (DM) color on Instagram on iOS and Android? Instgram haas been one of the most popular photo and video sharing app for the past few years and it is quite popular among the new genertaion. Fortunately, with the recent Instagram updates, it is easy to change the theme on Instagram DMS/chats text color. So, in this quick tutorial, you’ll know how to change the Instagram chat theme and color.
In the meantime, Instagram just released a bunch of new features that will make Messenger a more expressive mode of communication. You can select from a number of color gradients to create your outgoing messages with chat themes on Instagram Messenger.
The New Instagram Updates
The updates are part of Instagram’s most recent update that connects your IG DMs to your Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. In addition to changing the color or theme of the chats, you can also turn on “vanish mode” to disappear conversations, use selfie stickers, and more. “The main change is that people using the Messenger app can now reach you on Instagram without the need to download a new app, and vice versa.”
How to Change Chat Theme on Instagram App
In order to change the Instagram chat theme or DM color, first, you have to update your Instagram app from the Play Store then follow the steps below.
1. Open the Instagram app on your Android device.
2. Tap on the new Messenger icon which looks like Facebook Messenger icon on the upper right-hand side. If you don’t see the new Messenger icon, simply tap the old Messenger icon and then tap Update.
3. Select any particular chat to change the chat theme or color.
4. Now, simply tap the information icon (¡) on the top right-hand corner of the chat window and then tap Theme under the Chat Settings menu.
5. Here, you’ll notice a bunch of chat themes and colors, just scroll through a selection of colors and combinations to immediately change the way your messages look. Select any of them and you are done.
6. Now, you have successfully changed the chat color or theme on the Instagram app.
Furthermore, you can change the chat or DM theme as many times as you like, and the other individuals in the conversation can see the changes reflected not just in your latest messages, but also in the history of the message. Meanwhile, The theme you pick for one conversation will not affect the themes of others, so you can also use themes to organize your chats.
So this was a quick tutorial guide on how to change the chat or direct messages color on the Instagram app. However, make sure you update the Instagram app to use the new Chat theme on Instagram. Instagram is testing the features in selected countries, rolling out globally soon. Just in case, if you don’t see the option after updating your app, be patient! you’ll get access to the whole rainbow of chat themes soon.