Do you know how to check or find out what graphics card is attached to your HP laptop or PC on Windows 11? If you want to check or view the HP laptop graphics card then in this post we’ll guide you on how to check the HP laptop graphics card (GPU) on Windows 11. Graphics technology is included in every computer and is responsible for everything from showing your desktop to decoding films to rendering demanding PC games.
Although you don’t need to worry about the graphics requirements on your device if you’re a typical user, it may be crucial for users who work with graphics-intensive programs or play games. Typically, an application may not be able to run properly if you don’t have a card with a strong graphics processing unit (GPU). If you’re a gamer, you might not be able to play games, or you might need to figure out what hardware you have and alter the settings properly to avoid performance issues.
What is Graphic Card (GPU)?
A graphics card is a sort of display adapter or video card that is used to show graphical data with high clarity, color, definition, and overall look in most computing machines. A graphics card processes and executes graphical data utilizing advanced graphical techniques, features, and functions to produce a high-quality visual display.
A graphics adapter, graphics controller, graphics accelerator card, or graphics board is another name for a graphics card.
The primary purpose of a graphics card is to offload graphical processing chores from the CPU or RAM. It has a specialized graphical processing unit (GPU) and dedicated RAM to speed up the processing of graphical data. A graphics card, like most CPUs, needs a specialized heat sink to keep the GPU cool. A graphics card enables the display of 3-D pictures, image rasterization, greater pixel rations, a wider color gamut, and other features. A graphics card also has a number of expansion connectors, including AGP, HDMI, TV, and multiple monitor connection. A graphics card can be built into the motherboard or installed as an add-on card.
So here are the methods to check HP laptop graphics card on Windows 10/11?:
Method 1. Check HP Laptop Graphics Card (GPU) on Windows 11 via Settings
To find out the graphics card manufacturer and model using the Settings app, use these steps:
- Press the Windows key + I to open
- Select System and then go to Display.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select Advanced display.
- Here, check your HP laptop graphics card details under the Display information.
Method 2. View GPU Details via Task Manager
To figure out the graphics card available on Windows 10 with Task Manager, use these steps:
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC to open Task Manager directly. Alternatively, right-click the Start menu button and then select Task Manager.
- Go to the Performance tab and see the graphics card details under the GPU option.
Method 3. View Graphics Card on HP Laptops using System Information
To check the graphics card on Windows 10 with System Information, use these steps:
- Press Windows key + R to open Run.
msinfo32and then press enter.
- Expand the Components tab and select Display.
- View the GPU next to the Adapter Type.
Method 4. Find Graphics Card Details using DirectX Diagnostic Tool on HP Laptops
To find out the video card installed on your PC using DirectX Diagnostic Tool, use these steps:
- Press Windows key + R to open Run.
dxdiagand then press enter.
- Go to the Display tab and check HP laptop graphics card details next to the Name option.
Method 5. See HP Laptops Graphic Card via Device Manager
To determine the graphics card installed on your computer with Device Manager, use these steps:
- Right-click on the Start menu button and then select Device Manager.
- Expand the Display adapters option and here you’ll see the graphics card details.
So this post was all about how to check HP laptop graphics card (GPU) on Windows 11. I hope that his article helped you out to find out or to know Hp laptop graphics card on Windows 11.