Do you want to disable the mic and camera access with one tap? So in this guide, you are going to learn how to quickly get rid of access to the camera and microphone on Samsung Galaxy in Android 12.
Android makes it simple to disable a smartphone’s camera and microphone without physically blocking or prying into the device’s circuitry. Because this modification is made in the program, it is straightforward and convenient to reverse. Whether you’re concerned about a specific app violating your privacy or want to be extra cautious while dealing with personal affairs and sharing business secrets, an Android phone may temporarily disable any or all applications from possibly spying or listening.
Android gives an incredible degree of control over the different permissions granted to each program. You may choose whether each program has access to the user’s location, contact lists, text messages, call records, vital signs if you’re wearing a wristwatch, nearby Bluetooth devices, storage, and much more. Naturally, for some of them, Android applications ask the user whether to grant access once, always, never, or only while using the app. It’s a good method that allows for individual control.
Updated Privacy Feature in Android 12
- Permission use history shows which applications have access to crucial permissions such as Location, Camera, or Microphone. You can reject permissions to any apps with which you are uncomfortable.
- When any app uses the camera or microphone, a green dot will show in the top right corner of the screen, allowing you to know if an app is recording you without your permission. You may also utilize fast panel controls to prevent all applications from utilizing the camera or microphone for a certain time.
- Give apps that want to access your location more authority. You may provide apps that need to know your general location, like weather apps, access to your approximate location, so they can’t identify exactly where you are.
- You don’t want sensitive information, such as passwords or credit card numbers, to get into the hands of the wrong individuals when you need to duplicate it. You may choose whether to be notified when an app accesses content copied to the clipboard in another app.
How to Get Rid of Access to Camera and Microphone on Samsung Galaxy for All Apps
Here are the steps to turn off both the camera and microphone on Samsung Galaxy devices running on Android 12 or later with just 1 tap for all apps:
There are 2 ways to get rid of the microphone and camera on Samsung Galaxy.
Method 1. Disable Mic and Camera from the Quick Settings Panel
- Swipe down twice from the top of the screen.
- Now, disable both Camera access and Microphone access.
- Tap Turn off to confirm it. Do the same for both.
As you can see in the screenshot below that both the mic and camera are disabled.
Method 2. Turn off Mic and Camera from Settings
Step 1. Go to the Settings app.
Step 2. Tap Privacy.
Step 3. Now disable Camera access and Microphone access.
That’s it. These were the 2 methods to get rid of access to the camera and microphone on Samsung Galaxy with just 1 tap for all Apps.
How to Enable Extra Dim on One UI 4.0 Samsung (Android 12)
How to Turn Off Camera Cutout on Samsung?
Everything about One UI version 4.0