YouTube is a great video platform for learning tutorials, tips, tricks, and many more useful videos. As you all know that there’s no dedicated YouTube app or software nor for Windows users neither Mac users. However, in this post, we are going to show you the easiest method to install the YouTube app for desktop PC or laptops.
In the meantime, to use the YouTube services on your Windows desktop, you will need to access it using web browsers like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or any other web browser. Meanwhile, accessing YouTube right from your PC or desktop can have various benefits like creator studio, picture-in-picture video, and the incredible dark mode.
YouTube is a video-sharing platform that allows you to quickly view online videos for free. You can also create and upload your own videos. YouTube, which was created in 2005, has grown to become one of the most popular websites on the Internet, with visitors viewing nearly 6 billion hours of content every month.
Chances are, if you’ve ever seen a video on the internet, it was a YouTube video. For eg, almost all of the video tutorials on our website are YouTube videos! The video below is also available on YouTube; just click on it to start streaming.
What Are the Main Functions of YouTube?
- Users can search for and watch videos
- Create a personal YouTube channel
- Upload videos to your channel
- Like/Comment/share other YouTube videos
- Users can subscribe/follow other YouTube channels and users
- Create playlists to organize videos and group videos together
Install the YouTube App for Desktop PC & Laptop
The YouTube app can be downloaded from the Google Play store or the Apple iTunes store. It enables users to search for YouTube videos more easily and share videos with a smart TV, Chromecast, or compatible game system. It is as easy to install the app on a desktop computer as it is to drink water. So, here are the steps to install the YouTube app on your desktop PC or laptop in Windows by using Chrome shortcut:
- Open Google Chrome Browser and then access YouTube.
- Now, on the top right-hand corner, click the download button and then select Install.
- Finally, the YouTube shortcut will be create right on your desktop.
Uninstall the YouTube App
However, if you don’t like to use the YouTube app then you can easily uninstall it.
- Open the YouTube app.
- Click the 3 dot menu and select Uninstall YouTube.
This is how you can add or install the YouTube app on your desktop without BlueStack in Windows 10. However, if you don’t see this feature on your Chrome browser then kindly update it and follow the above-mentioned steps.