Windows 11 is the latest operating system for Windows users. However, if you want to customize things like having a completely transparent taskbar on your Windows 11 PC then you’re at the right place. In this feature, you’ll learn how to make a transparent taskbar in Windows 11.
Meanwhile, the first Windows 11 Insider preview build has arrived, giving early users a taste of Microsoft’s next operating system. While Windows 11 is a significant upgrade in terms of aesthetic appeal and features such as Android app compatibility and Widgets, Microsoft has significantly restricted the taskbar customization possibilities in the OS.
In order to make and have a completely transparent taskbar on your Windows 11, we recommend you to use the TranslucentTB app.
What is TranslucentTB?
TranslucentTB allows you to change how your taskbar appears. The effect and the color may be adjustable and the maximum window can be combined with the Start menu open. Cortana opens and Timeline is opened, both having a customized taskbar to provide a vibrant and visually attractive taskbar.
- To change the colour of the taskbar, use an advanced colour picker with alpha and live preview
- Dynamic Modes
- Dynamic Windows: Will change the taskbar to a different appearance if a window is currently maximised.
- Dynamic Start Menu: Will change the taskbar appearance when the start menu is opened.
- Dynamic Cortana: Will change the taskbar appearance when Cortana (or the search menu if Cortana is disabled) is open.
- Dynamic Timeline/Task View: Will change the taskbar appearance when the Timeline (or Task View on older builds) is open.
- Taskbar States
- Blur: Make the taskbar slightly blurred.
- Clear: Transparent taskbar.
- Normal: Regular Windows style. (as if TranslucentTB was not running)
- Opaque: No transparency.
- Fluent: Windows 10 April 2018 update and up only. Will give the taskbar an appearance similar to Microsoft’s Fluent Design guidelines.
- The Aero Peek button can be shown or hidden. It may be modified at any time or it can be dynamic.
How to Make Transparent Taskbar in Windows 11
Here are the steps to make a transparent taskbar in Windows 11 using the TranslucentTB app:
Step 1. Launch Microsoft Store, type TranslucentTB in the search bar and press enter.
Step 2. From the given results, select the first one which is TranslucentTB.
Step 3. Click Install.
Step 4. Once installed, click Launch.
Step 5. Click Yes to proceed. After selecting Yes, The app will immediately integrate with your computer’s taskbar at the bottom of the screen after it has been launched. A tiny symbol will appear to let you know it’s there. In addition, there is no user interface for controlling the application. All you have is a little taskbar option that allows you to apply complete transparency or a blur effect to your taskbar.
Step 6. Now, your Windows 11 taskbar is completely transparent.
These were the steps to make a transparent taskbar in Windows 10 using TranslucentTB. Remember that, This is not the same as the transparency option in Windows 10 Settings, which can be found under Personalization. You may make the Start button, taskbar, and Action Center translucent. If you activate that option, it will not make it completely transparent.