Do you want to change or do you have trouble finding the ‘Rename’ option in Windows 11 File Explorer’s new menu? Here we will guide you on how to rename a folder/file in Windows 11.
How to Rename a Folder/File in Windows 11
Method 1. Rename via Rename Icon in Context Menu
- Right-click on a folder then select the rename icon next to the copy icon.
Method 2. Rename a Folder/File via Show more options
- Right-click on a folder then select Show more options.
- Select Rename from the context menu.
Method 3. Rename a folder/File from Properties
- Right-click on the folder then select Properties.
- Here type a new name then click OK to rename the folder or file.
Method 4. Rename a Folder/File from File Explorer Command Bar
- To rename a file or folder from File Explorer Command Bar, Select the file or the folder then click on the rename icon.
Method 5. Rename a Folder/File using Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 11
- Select the file then press F2 or FN+F2.
- Type the new name and press enter to save the new name.
Method 6. Rename a folder/File using Command Prompt (CMD)
Command Prompt permits you to rename the folders using the ren command. Use the following command.
After ren Type the exact location of the file or the folder or in which Disk it is.
For Example, My file is in Disk D, and my file name is Hi then you should type in the command the following command
ren D:Hi Hello
- The Folder/File name will change from Hi to Hello
So this article was all about How to rename a folder/file in Windows 11, I hope this post helped you out.