How to Make Ubuntu Full Screen on VirtualBox in Windows 10
When you install Ubuntu Linux for the first time on VirtualBox VM then by default, it won’t be in full-screen resolution. However, you can’t view it in full-screen mode. Don’t worry! however, as it is possible for you to increase the screen resolution of the guest OS user interface as well as run a guest OS in the full-screen mode. in this guide, you will definitely learn how to use Ubuntu Linux in full screen mode on VirtualBox in Windows 10.
Meanwhile, Once the guest operating system (OS) has been installed on VirtualBox, the guest OS interface will be presented in windowed mode by default. In comparison, the size of the window is typically not big, and the resolution of the guest OS user interface is the same if you maximize or resize the size of the window. Working with a low-resolution guest OS is not convenient in the majority of situations.
Linux is also an operating system as is Windows or Mac OS. Linux is the Unix-like operating systems open-source family. Debian, Fedora, Linux Mint, and Ubuntu are some of the common distributions of Linux. Ubuntu has some benefits: its affordable, open-source, entirely customizable, safer, and command-line-oriented feature (I believe this is the most appealing feature).
Ubuntu is a Debian-based Linux free and open-source distribution. “With long-term support (LTS) published every two days every six months,” Wikipedia says. “The current edition and the latest longer-term support release, as of 23 April 2020, is 20,04, which is funded by the public until 2025 and as a paid-up option until 2030.
Apart from installing VirtualBox, you also need to download the Ubuntu Linux ISO file. from the Microsoft website. You can download it straight to your internal hard drive. So, without further delay, here’s how to make Ubuntu Linux in full-screen mode on VirtualBox (Windows 10):
How to Make Ubuntu Full Screen on VirtualBox via Command in Terminal App
- Open VirtualBox and click on the Start button to power on Ubuntu.
- When you are on the home screen of Ubuntu, click the app tray icon.
- Now, in the bar, search for Terminal and open it.
- In the Terminal windows, type the below command and press Enter.
sudo apt install build-essential dkms linux-headers-$(uname -r)
- Enter your Ubuntu’s password and press the Enter button.
- Press Y to continue.
- Now, wait for a while, once it’s done, close the Terminal windows.
- Click on the Devices tab on your VirtualBox and select Insert Guest Additions CD Image…
- On the following screen, click Run.
- Enter your Ubuntu’s password and click Authenticate. Wait for a while until it installs VirtualBox Guest Additions Installations.
- Once it’s done press the Return or Enter key to close the Terminal window.
- Now, simply turn off or Restart the Ubuntu Linux on VirtualBox.
- At last, you have successfully made Ubuntu Full-screen on VirtualBox in Windows 10.
That’s it, This was a quick guide to make Ubuntu full screen resolution in Windows 10. All you need to is run a simple command in The Terminal windows and install VirtualBox Guest Additions. Now, enjoy Ubuntu Linux in full resolution mode on VirtualBox in Windows 10.
How to Install Kali Linux on VirtualBox in Windows 10
The Easiest Way to Install Kali Linux on VMware Workstation 16
Command to make Ubuntu full screen in VirtualBox, VirtualBox Ubuntu full screen resolution, How to make VirtualBox full screen Windows 10, How to make Ubuntu full screen in VM
Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.