Do you want your windows PC to be locked Automatically, when you want to leave the PC for a couple minutes or walk away from you PC. If you are interested, In this article, you will learn How To Lock Windows 11 PC Automatically: When You Are Away.
When you walk away from your computer for a brief period of time, it will turn on the screen and occasionally go to sleep. This feature conserves battery life while simultaneously preventing unauthorized access to your data and programms. Other users can connect in to their own accounts when your screen is locked by clicking Log in as another user on the password screen. When they’re finished, you can return to your desktop.
Raise the lock screen curtain to expose the logon screen and return to your desktop. To log in, type your password. You can disable or switch off your computer so that it never sleeps or locks the screen if you don’t want it to timeout or lock Windows 11 PC automatically.
So, To Lock Windows 11 PC Automatically: When You Are Away. You can use the new Windows 11 feature: Dynamic lock.
What is Dynamic lock?
Dynamic Lock is a fantastic feature in Windows 11 that protects your PC from illegal access. It relies on Bluetooth technology to function correctly, and you’ll need a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone to do so. Consider setting Dynamic Lock if you operate in a shared environment and want to keep your computer safe from illegal access.
Dynamic Lock is a built-in security feature that protects your computer from prying eyes. It’s Bluetooth-based, so you’ll need to couple your PC with your smartphone’s Bluetooth. Let me show you how to pair a smartphone with a computer and enable Dynamic Lock.
How To Lock Windows 11 PC Automatically: When You Are Away
Here we provide some few steps to lock your windows PC when you walk away from your Windows PC
1) Pair Phone via Bluetooth to Windows 11 Computer?
- Go to Settings, or simply press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Here on the left side select Bluetooth & devices. then enable the Bluetooth.
- Once enabled the Bluetooth, Click on the Add device.
- Now click on the Bluetooth.
- Here wait until your phone name pop up, and make sure you phone’s Bluetooth is ON. then click on your phone name to pair with Windows 11.
2) Enable Dynamic Lock on your Windows 11 PC?
- Go to Settings, or press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Click on the Accounts category from the left sidebar under Windows Settings.
- select the Sign-in options on the right-side pane of Accounts.
- Scroll down then click on the Dynamic lock, And Enable Allow Windows to automatically lock you device when you’re away.
That concludes our discussion. You’ve now successfully enabled Dynamic lock on your Windows 11 computer. Your computer’s scanning capability will now automatically scan your connected phone. When you take your phone away from your computer, it will Lock Windows 11 PC Automatically.
While the Dynamic lock feature assists you in automatically locking your computer while you are gone, it is not fully infallible. After your phone leaves the Bluetooth range, it takes about 30-40 seconds for your computer to lock. Your machine will not lock itself if there is any human input during that time, undermining the purpose of the feature.